Skip to main content

Nicki Minaj recruits Juice WRLD for revamped tour


Nicki Minaj has recruited rapper Juice WRLD to join her on tour in 2019 after her co-headlining trek with Future fell apart earlier this year (18). The Anaconda hitmaker had initially teamed up with Future for the NICKIHNDRXX shows, which were announced over the summer to promote the release of her album, Queen. The North American leg had been due to kick off on 21 September (18) in Baltimore, Maryland, before concluding in Las Vegas on 24 November, but in August, promoters at Live Nation announced the 28-date trek had been postponed until May, 2019 so Nicki could "reevaluate elements" of her production. As a result, Future had to drop out of the gigs due to scheduling conflicts, and now Minaj has finally given fans the news they had been waiting for, revealing the newly-renamed Nicki Wrld Tour will hit Europe first, before making stops in other territories. "I'm so excited to bring the full Nicki Minaj experience to my fans in Europe," she declares in a statement. "I have been carefully crafting the most exhilarating, unique, memorable piece of art to share with my incredible fans. I'm in love with Juice Wrld's music & feel so stoked to have him join me. This will be one for the books." The first string of shows, to which Nicki plans to invite various local acts for each stop, will launch in Munich, Germany on 21 February (19) and run until it concludes on 28 March (19) in Geneva, Switzerland. At the time of the original tour postponement, Nicki explained her decision to delay her Queen album release from June to August (18) had left her with no time to rehearse. "I just finished writing and recording literally hours before the album came out so now I simply don't have the time to rehearse and be on the road in time to give you guys the level of a show I need to give," she posted on Twitter. Promising fans that she was "working tirelessly to give you the best show of my life," she concluded: "I really apologise but it will be worth it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lyon vs Barcelona: Lionel Messi and teammates get important draw in France

- Lyon vs Barcelona game in the Champions League round of 16 tie ended goalless on Tuesday night, February 19 - Goalkeeper Anthony Lopes of Lyon was superb for his club as he denied the likes of Lionel Messi and Dembele - Barcelona will have the chance in the second leg playing in front of their fans at the Camp Nou Lyon were on Tuesday night, February 19, forced to a goalless draw by visiting Spanish giants Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions League round of 16 encounter. The French club have never beaten the Catalan giants in their history, and Lyon players wanted to break this record, but Barcelona proved an hard nut for them to crack. Barcelona got the first chance of the game in the 5th minute when Gerard Pique sent a long ball to Dembele who was in a good position, but he failed to utilize the opportunity. Lionel Messi and Suarez also combined well three minutes later to beat Lyon defense, but goalkeeper Anthony Lopes was brilliant to deny them. Lyon's got their b…

Plateau governorship election is inconclusive - INEC

- Pateau state governorship election has been declared inconclusive - The commission said the total number of votes cancelled is more than the difference in the number of votes the two major candidates got - The total number of votes cancelled in the state is 49, 347, while the total margin between leading candidates is 44, 929 The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Monday, March 11, declared the governorship elections in Plateau state inconclusive. Professor Richard Kimbir, the Returning Officer for the election in the state announced this on Monday in Jos, after collating results from the 17 local government areas of the state, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports. Kimbir, who is the Vice Chancellor of Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi, said the total number of votes cancelled is more than the difference in the number of votes the two major candidates got, “hence was constrained to declare the polls inconclusive”. The returning officer said Simon Lalon…

Ex-Nissan chief Ghosn seeks permission to attend board meeting on Tuesday - Yomiuri

TOKYO (Reuters) - Ousted Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn is seeking permission from the Tokyo District Court to attend the company's board meeting on Tuesday, Yomiuri newspaper reported on Monday. The Tokyo District Court is expected to decide whether it will give permission as soon as Monday, the report said. Renault SA, Nissan Motor Co and Mitsubishi Motors Corp plan to set up a joint board meeting structure to discuss issues related to their alliance in a step towards integration of operations, TV Tokyo reported on Sunday.