Skip to main content

Naomi Campbell lands British Vogue cover


Naomi Campbell is British Vogue's March cover star.The cover marks the legendary supermodel's debut for Edward Enninful, who took over the fashion glossy in 2017. The pair has long been firm friends, and the British-Ghanaian editor couldn't hide his joy at Campbell's shots."It is always a pleasure to unveil a March issue of Vogue, to herald the start of fashion's new season in earnest, to dwell on themes of re-emergence and renewal after a gloomy and (this year especially) uncertain winter," he writes in his editor's letter. "This month's Vogue has added personal significance, as its star is no less a force than Naomi Campbell, who makes her cover debut for me as editor-in-chief."It's no secret that Naomi and I go back more than half of our lifetimes. We first met on a shoot for i-D in Paris in the early 1990s on a day I will never forget. I can recall her walking into the studio like it was last week. In an Anna Sui dress, with her Whitney Houston curls, there she was - the most beautiful woman in the world."Shot by Steven Meisel, the cover image sees Campbell prove she can still turn heads, with the photo giving the impression she is moving around. She also poses for a series of high-fashion stills inside Vogue's pages.Enninful goes on to explain how he and the 48-year-old, who he hired as a contributing editor when he took over from former editor Alexandra Shulman, cemented their friendship after the i-D shoot."I was a young fashion director and Naomi was already famous well beyond the industry, but we bonded on sight," he recalled. "After the shoot wrapped, she invited me to jump on a private plane to Dublin with her - I was due back in London and had only £10 in my pocket - but that's just the way it is with Naomi. A quarter of a century later and she hasn't changed. You never know where you're going to end up."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lyon vs Barcelona: Lionel Messi and teammates get important draw in France

- Lyon vs Barcelona game in the Champions League round of 16 tie ended goalless on Tuesday night, February 19 - Goalkeeper Anthony Lopes of Lyon was superb for his club as he denied the likes of Lionel Messi and Dembele - Barcelona will have the chance in the second leg playing in front of their fans at the Camp Nou Lyon were on Tuesday night, February 19, forced to a goalless draw by visiting Spanish giants Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions League round of 16 encounter. The French club have never beaten the Catalan giants in their history, and Lyon players wanted to break this record, but Barcelona proved an hard nut for them to crack. Barcelona got the first chance of the game in the 5th minute when Gerard Pique sent a long ball to Dembele who was in a good position, but he failed to utilize the opportunity. Lionel Messi and Suarez also combined well three minutes later to beat Lyon defense, but goalkeeper Anthony Lopes was brilliant to deny them. Lyon's got their b…

Plateau governorship election is inconclusive - INEC

- Pateau state governorship election has been declared inconclusive - The commission said the total number of votes cancelled is more than the difference in the number of votes the two major candidates got - The total number of votes cancelled in the state is 49, 347, while the total margin between leading candidates is 44, 929 The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Monday, March 11, declared the governorship elections in Plateau state inconclusive. Professor Richard Kimbir, the Returning Officer for the election in the state announced this on Monday in Jos, after collating results from the 17 local government areas of the state, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports. Kimbir, who is the Vice Chancellor of Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi, said the total number of votes cancelled is more than the difference in the number of votes the two major candidates got, “hence was constrained to declare the polls inconclusive”. The returning officer said Simon Lalon…

Ex-Nissan chief Ghosn seeks permission to attend board meeting on Tuesday - Yomiuri

TOKYO (Reuters) - Ousted Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn is seeking permission from the Tokyo District Court to attend the company's board meeting on Tuesday, Yomiuri newspaper reported on Monday. The Tokyo District Court is expected to decide whether it will give permission as soon as Monday, the report said. Renault SA, Nissan Motor Co and Mitsubishi Motors Corp plan to set up a joint board meeting structure to discuss issues related to their alliance in a step towards integration of operations, TV Tokyo reported on Sunday.