Skip to main content

Michael B. Jordan in talks to star in Denzel Washington's Journal for Jordan


Michael B. Jordan is reportedly in talks to star in Denzel Washington's next directorial effort, Journal for Jordan. The film will be based on the relationship between Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Dana Canedy and First Sergeant Charles Monroe King while he was deployed overseas in Iraq. King kept a journal for their newborn son Jordan, but Charles was killed in 2006 when the baby was seven months old. The movie will be produced by the Black Panther and Creed star for his Outlier Society company, while Washington will also produce alongside Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal, and Steve Tisch. Mudbound screenwriter Virgin Williams will pen the script. Meanwhile, Jordan has also announced plans to launch a mentorship programme under his production banner, which was established last year (18). He previously used his new platform with his company to help deal with the diversity issues in Hollywood by working with bosses at Warner Bros. Pictures Group to create their new inclusion policy, and now, the actor is developing the Outlier Fellowship, an internship and mentorship programme for young people who want to work in media, arts and entertainment, according to Deadline. "Since Fruitvale Station, it's been a dream of mine to use every opportunity I have to create pathways of success for young people," Jordan says. "Outlier Fellows is a chance to find and cultivate a purposeful pipeline of talented and diverse minds from the next generation - the voices who will shape our community for years to come. Pulling up a seat to the table for the next group of cultural leaders is the greatest investment we can make as a community." The initiative was announced at former U.S. President Barack Obama's foundation event on Wednesday (20Feb19) in Oakland, California. Jordan will work with officials at Obama's My Brother's Keeper organisation to help find high school and college students to participate in the programme.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lyon vs Barcelona: Lionel Messi and teammates get important draw in France

- Lyon vs Barcelona game in the Champions League round of 16 tie ended goalless on Tuesday night, February 19 - Goalkeeper Anthony Lopes of Lyon was superb for his club as he denied the likes of Lionel Messi and Dembele - Barcelona will have the chance in the second leg playing in front of their fans at the Camp Nou Lyon were on Tuesday night, February 19, forced to a goalless draw by visiting Spanish giants Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions League round of 16 encounter. The French club have never beaten the Catalan giants in their history, and Lyon players wanted to break this record, but Barcelona proved an hard nut for them to crack. Barcelona got the first chance of the game in the 5th minute when Gerard Pique sent a long ball to Dembele who was in a good position, but he failed to utilize the opportunity. Lionel Messi and Suarez also combined well three minutes later to beat Lyon defense, but goalkeeper Anthony Lopes was brilliant to deny them. Lyon's got their b…

Plateau governorship election is inconclusive - INEC

- Pateau state governorship election has been declared inconclusive - The commission said the total number of votes cancelled is more than the difference in the number of votes the two major candidates got - The total number of votes cancelled in the state is 49, 347, while the total margin between leading candidates is 44, 929 The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Monday, March 11, declared the governorship elections in Plateau state inconclusive. Professor Richard Kimbir, the Returning Officer for the election in the state announced this on Monday in Jos, after collating results from the 17 local government areas of the state, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports. Kimbir, who is the Vice Chancellor of Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi, said the total number of votes cancelled is more than the difference in the number of votes the two major candidates got, “hence was constrained to declare the polls inconclusive”. The returning officer said Simon Lalon…

Ex-Nissan chief Ghosn seeks permission to attend board meeting on Tuesday - Yomiuri

TOKYO (Reuters) - Ousted Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn is seeking permission from the Tokyo District Court to attend the company's board meeting on Tuesday, Yomiuri newspaper reported on Monday. The Tokyo District Court is expected to decide whether it will give permission as soon as Monday, the report said. Renault SA, Nissan Motor Co and Mitsubishi Motors Corp plan to set up a joint board meeting structure to discuss issues related to their alliance in a step towards integration of operations, TV Tokyo reported on Sunday.